Palace of Arts Budapest Pipe Organ Samples
What's new in PAB Gravissimo Edition
PAB Gravissimo is the flagship virtual instrument reproducing the sounds of the Palace of Arts Budapest pipe organ. It contains major extensions and revolutionary new features compared to the PAB Professional and Extended Editions allowing you to do more than ever before. This page contains more details about the new features and extensions.
- Additional stops and compass extensions
- 57 new virtual stops based on extensions of the originals, all together 149 stops
- Additional stops and compass extensions are separately loadable
- Divisional combinations
- 20 programmable divisional combinations for each division, all pre-programmed with a crescendo setting
- Couplers of all directions
- Mechanic couplers between keyboards
- 92 divisional electric couplers
- regular couplers between all directions
- transposing (16' or sub, and 4' or super) couplers
- self transposing couplers (16' or sub, and 4' or super) couplers
- reverse (pedal to keyboard) couplers with optional converters to split mode
- unison off coupler
- bass and melody coupler converters
- All 6 divisions virtually enclosed
- 3 freely assignable swell pedals
- Swellbox pedal couplers (one pedal follows the other)
- Swellbox range and curve adjustments
- Swellbox operational direction selector for all pedals independently
- Performance and convenience
- Keyboard to division assignment matrix
- with additional German and French keyboard-to-division preset shortcuts
- 8-preset PerformanceSequencer™ secondary combination action
- to store and recall performance-releated switches, working together or independent of PAB's original Combination Action
- Additional controls on the right page
- Extended crescendo program and crescendo wheel that works in an additive way
- The new virtual stops are included in the crescendo program
- EasyCrescendo™ programming (one-click programming of an entire crescendo row sequence)
- Real-time dynamic KeyboardMass™ simulation and control for all keyboards
- KeyboardMass™ states can stored in the PerformanceSequencer™
- Programmable PL and TT switches that works in an additive way
- Organ aging button (detune)
- Better compatibility with Hauptwerk v4 (meaning less SysEx messages where Hauptwerk supports it)
- Still fully compatible with Hauptwerk 3
- 3 tremulants, with the additional tremulant for the Solo division
- Keyboard to division assignment matrix
New in Gravissimo version 2
PAB Gravissimo version 2 is a free update to Gravissimo organists, and the new version was updated with the following content:
- Reed mixture stops: 7 new stops for the Pedal, Grand Orgue and Chamade, all together making it a 149-stop organ
- No additional RAM is needed because the reed mixture stops are shared
- Combination action compatibility with the previous version: your saved combinations will remain usable
- Divisional page and traditional programmable divisionals with couplers, preloaded with preset data, 20 for each division
- KeyboardMass™ states can now be stored in the PerformanceSequencer
- New virtual stops are now included in the crescendo program
- Better compatibility with the MIDI sequencer of Hauptwerk v4 meaning less SysEx messages where Hauptwerk supports it
- Gravissimo version 2 is compatible with Hauptwerk 3, too
Additional stops and extended compass
The Gravissimo Edition features 149 stops all together, based on extensions of the original 92-stop organ. The extended stops were sound-designed using the original samples but they are unique samples.
The 57 new stops include two 64' stops, seven 32' stops, two chamades, two tubas and more. These additional stops play either the extended ranks or in a few cases already existing stops from a different division. The extensions can be loaded individually allowing you to configure the overall tutti sound further, even when using the super or sub couplers. All together, 75 stops extended one octave up to support super (4') couplers and 38 one octave down to support sub (16') couplers, 35 extended in both directions. The most important 57 additional stops have individual switches while the sound of other extended ranks are available through the sub (16') and super (4') couplers.
All divisions, including the pedal us enclosed in this Edition. The two originally enclosed divisions of the real organ are kept intact as the previous editions include them, while the other four are also enclosed allowing maximum flexibility. The enclosures can be assigned to the available three swell pedals. To support different organ consoles and usage types, the 3 swell pedals can also be coupled freely for a joint operation. Additionally, you can limit the operating range, set the operating curve and direction of each pedals individually. The global pedal direction selector introduced in the Extended Edition is also maintained for convenience.
The original organ of PAB features mechanic and electronic couplers. Exploiting this feature and combining this with the manual-assignment feature, all electronic couplers became divisional couplers (i.e. coupling between divisions irrespective of which manual controls them) and all mechanic couplers remained mechanical, coupling keyboards labeled with numbers. Therefore, all electric couplers are re-labeled to feature the divisional directions, providing easier use, while the mechanic couplers remained as introduced in the original organ. To complete the list of mechanic couplers, 'IV+V (m)' was introduced to the fourth manual. Additionally, about a hundred electric couplers are introduced providing nearly all possible coupling directions, including reversed, transposing and split couplers as well as unison off. Unison off allows you with a transposing coupler used together to transpose a division one octave up or down which can be very handy for solos or improvisations, and provides an entire new layer of sounds. All non-transposing couplers (such as Pos to G.O.) and transposing self-couplers (such as Pos to Pos, 4') have bass and melody solo switches that transform the source voice into a solo voice, either bass (lowest note) or melody (highest note).
To support organ consoles and operating environments with less than 5 manuals, an easy-to-use manual-to-division assignment feature is introduced that allows you to assign any of the five manuals to any manual divisions, even more than one division to a single manual. Furthermore with a single click you can change the order of the organ's manuals from French to German (swapping the first and second manuals) or assign them in various other orders of your taste. These, among with the KeyboardMass™ and swell pedal characteristics can be saved in the unique PerformanceSequencer™, which allows you recalling a different organ configuration with just a single click, even during a concert. Alternatively, with a selector button, you can request PAB's own Combination Action system to recall these features, individually for each frame. This carefully designed pioneering system provides you a flexibility and ease of use never available before. You can now decide to perform and practice pieces authentically in the keyboard order of that given era, or use one keyboard assignment for all - and manage this with a single click on the screen.
|Palace of Arts, Budapest, concert hall lobby - an Organ Simulator for all|
One of the most prestigious installation of a customized version of the Palace of Arts Budapest Pipe Organ Samples to date, Inspired Acoustics installed an Organ Simulator at the Béla Bartók National Concert Hall's lobby, available twentyfour hours a day to the audience. The two-manual plus pedal equipped specially designed console, the touch screen interface and the rich multimedia software showcases the real organ interactively.
More pictures and information at the Organ Simulator page.
Conservatório de Música da Jobra - one of the largest professional Hauptwerk installations in the region by far
|One of the largest Hauptwerk installations so far at a 200 seat modern auditorium in a music school in Portugal, Conservatório de Música da Jobra (CMJ) will be finished in February 2009. CMJ's organ console features 4 manuals and pedal, 76 lighed drawbar stops and a 120-step sequencer, and was made in the Netherlands by Content, under custom specifications. The virtual pipe organ to implement in CMJ's auditorium will be the Palace of Arts Budapest Pipe Organ Samples. Click here to read more about this installation.|