How to convert PAB v1/v2 combination sets to PAB v3 with the IA Combination Set Converter application?
IMPORTANT: Please do the conversion before installing the new version of the organ. Combination sets loaded in the new version of the organ will be overwritten.
- Backup your combinations files outside Hauptwerk's folder!
- To find the combination files load any organ and click:
- Registration -> Browse/rename/delete combination sets...
- Navigate one level up from the opened directory.
- Make sure to backup at least the directories containing any of the following organIDs: 510, 520, 521, 523, 524, 927. (You will only see the ones you have installed).
- Remember the location of this directory, you will need it in the next step.
- Open the IA Combination Set Converter application:
- Click the Choose button and navigate to the directory where the Hauptwerk combination files are stored
- You need to select the directory containing the saved combinations.
- This contains several directories, each starting with 'OrganID'. See step 1. on how to find it.
- The default path is: Hauptwerk\HauptwerkUserData\OrganCombinations\
- Select an organ from the top list.
- On the second list all saved combination sets are listed for the selected organ. Select the ones you wish to use with the updated organ.
- You can select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl or the Shift key.
- From the third list select the updated organs you are planning to install. Selecting multiple items is possible.
- Click the Convert button to start the conversion and wait for it to finish. This can take a few minutes.
- The new combination sets will be created in the appropriate folder and will have the name of the original combination set prefixed with: "converted_from_[organ name]".
- Your old combination sets will remain unaffected.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for any additional organ packages you wish to convert.
- Install the updated organ packages.
- Load and test the converted combinations using Hauptwerk's Registration panel.
Avoid loading old combination sets in an updated organ since this can cause Hauptwerk to overwrite that combination set!